Kevin's on vacation this week so we took advantage of some nice weather and free time. We usually take a vacation in October and this year was no different. We've decided it's a great month to take vacation. Not many people are off and the weather is usually beautiful.

Here's Kevin (and Margaret) at Two Mile Farm in Marshfield for a walk. We had never been there before and there were no trail maps available..and the sun was setting....needless to say, we walked quickly and with a purpose! I had visions of us getting lost and all the coyotes tracking us down in the dark. Yes, I guess I do have quite the imagination.

Here we are back at our old crib. Our little trip to Brighton last Sunday made us a little nostalgic. We had some good times there. It was definitely a reminder of how little responsibility we had back then! Not to mention, I seriously miss Mirror Cafe's coffee....

Ah, yes, The Stockyard. Since we were in Brighton, we HAD to get our usual cheeseburger clubs accompanied by a Harpoon IPA. The crowd was a little different this time we went...as it was noon on a Sunday...but still enjoyable. We did miss the usual Saturday night crowd and sitting at the bar. If anyone has figured out a way to sit at the bar with one of these baby carrier things, let me know!

Another walk...Word's End in Hingham. It was a gorgeous morning to take a walk. We were definitely rookie parents though. As soon as we got to the top of the hill, I thought I heard/felt Margaret poop (sorry if TMI). Of course, being rookies, we didn't take any diaper changing materials with us for the walk. I made Kevin walk all the way back to the car and get the stuff. As he hoofed it back up the hill and we undressed her on a bench on this hill to find that there was no poop. I almost didn't tell Kevin. Oopsie...that was a good half hour of annoyingness. I wonder when we'll learn to always have diaper stuff readily available!

Here we are at a Wildlife Refuge in Newport. It was awesome...it was a walking trail that bordered the ocean. It had some great views.

Another view from the trail...

Coffee Break! We stumbled upon this coffee shop in Newport. I was psyched to find this place.

Yum! A coffee, an adirondack chair and the ocean (oh, and my new baby)...what a great combination.

Lunchtime in Newport!

Mom, I like this one! Can you pick it for me?

Whatever...we're silly...what can I say.

Concentrating on picking the perfect apple, I guess.

I can hear her thinking "Seriously, Grampy, what is that stuff all over your face?"

Margaret's first apple picking experience! We found a cute farm in E. Bridgewater and spent a couple hours just walking around the orchard and picking some delicious apples. Can't wait to make Mr. Navs yummy apple pie. After apple picking, we went to a local farm stand that my father talks about non stop... seriously. Their corn is really, really good (according to my father)....so we grabbed a few ears. Then we headed to a little smoke shop out of someones house. You'll never believe the name of it...Hogs and Kisses. Yes, that's right. But, I'm telling you right now-the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had. We pulled up and this old guy has has this huge smoker smokin' away in his backyard. I have been driving by this place for 15 years and never had been in. We also bought a rack of ribs. Ridiculous. After our gallivanting, we stopped in to say hi to Grampy and sat on the deck for a little bit. It's kind of nice to have Grampy around during the day! Our one miss of the day...no ice cream! That would have topped off a awesome day! But we made up for it with a nice cold beer on our deck!
No comments:
Post a Comment