Maternity Leave Over + Back To Work = Boo.
Last Monday was one of the hardest days of my life....without a doubt. I knew it was going to be hard and tried to mentally prepare myself for it. But when I went to bed on Sunday, I knew our life as we knew it would be different that very next morning...needless to say, Kevin had a hard time convincing me to come to bed that night as we both didn't want Monday morning to come. Sunday was bittersweet as we tried to block it out as best we could...we had a quick visit with Grammy and Grampy and then we went for one of our awesome walks. The rest of Sunday night was preparing for the next day and having a nice dinner.
I had really grown used to this lifestyle...and being with her every second was pretty cool, too.
Monday morning did indeed come, and oh, the tears. I cried getting her dressed for the day, I cried on the way to the Morrison's, I cried at the Morrison's (thanks, Keri for the hug) and I cried on the way to work. And as I get to work, I realize really nothing has changed there. I guess I just have to jump in and pretend like my heart is not aching for Margaret. And I know I just have to get through the day but then I ask myself, Will it ever get any easier? I think I know the answer to that. Maybe I should start playing the lottery?
But at the end of the day as I got the daily report from Mo, I realized Margaret was just fine. And her big gummy smile confirmed it.
Last Monday was one of the hardest days of my life....without a doubt. I knew it was going to be hard and tried to mentally prepare myself for it. But when I went to bed on Sunday, I knew our life as we knew it would be different that very next morning...needless to say, Kevin had a hard time convincing me to come to bed that night as we both didn't want Monday morning to come. Sunday was bittersweet as we tried to block it out as best we could...we had a quick visit with Grammy and Grampy and then we went for one of our awesome walks. The rest of Sunday night was preparing for the next day and having a nice dinner.
I had really grown used to this lifestyle...and being with her every second was pretty cool, too.
Monday morning did indeed come, and oh, the tears. I cried getting her dressed for the day, I cried on the way to the Morrison's, I cried at the Morrison's (thanks, Keri for the hug) and I cried on the way to work. And as I get to work, I realize really nothing has changed there. I guess I just have to jump in and pretend like my heart is not aching for Margaret. And I know I just have to get through the day but then I ask myself, Will it ever get any easier? I think I know the answer to that. Maybe I should start playing the lottery?
But at the end of the day as I got the daily report from Mo, I realized Margaret was just fine. And her big gummy smile confirmed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment