Picture this.... So, I am finally sitting down at the computer ready to get some things done with a nice hot cup of coffee as Margaret FINALLY went down for a nap. As I am making my to do list, I hear a jingling noise outside. I take a look and I see two little dogs running around on my deck. Wimsey (the pug) and Elektra (the other) are having the time of their life out there. I noticed they both had tags and were "together". I went outside and they both came running to me...so happy, like little kids. I could tell they were good pups so I approached them and gave them some encouraging words. Then, they both ran off to the neighbors and... I got scared! What if they get hit by a car? What if they get lost and never come back? What if a coyote gets them? So, I grabbed two leashes I had for my cats and grabbed the pups. I called the number on their tags and I left a frantic message. Okay, so I called three times. I knew they must be from around here, but I have no idea. I called Kevin and I had him try to find out where...his first reaction, "ummm, what?" Yeah, hurry, just do it. Yes! Got the address! So, my plan was to grab Margaret and walk over to the house and drop them off. Of course Margaret is dead asleep and looks like she won't be waking up any time soon. What the hell am I going to do now? Well, I tied them to the front porch. Oh goodness, they are jumping all over the place and getting all tangled in the stupid leashes and play fighting. Finally, Margaret wakes up and I throw her into the carrier so we can walk the dogs back home. When I went to detach them from the leashes, they were jumping on me and Margaret...okay, that wasn't going to work. I then walked to the house with Margaret hoping that someone would be home. No luck...but I did see the gate these two little trouble makers got out of. Walked back home. Fed Margaret while these little guys are on the porch. Kitties are going nuts. I am checking the window every two minutes to make sure they are okay and I bring them water and a blanket. Then I ask myself, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING? I HAVE A NEWBORN AT HOME...WHY AM I DOING THIS??? I checked back after a little bit and they were cuddling on the blanket! But that does not last long at all. I realize I am totally invested in this now...I can't just give up but I am coming to my wits end with these little guys and was about to look up animal control and I see a car drive slowly by the house. Yes! It's mom! Mom walks up the stairs and the doggies are going nuts. They are so excited to see her. We exchanged stories and she is in tears. She had been driving around the neighborhood all day trying to find them. So, after a long five hours for both me and the doggies, they are safe and home at last where they belong. What a funny way to meet your neighbors! Phew..glad it worked out that way. So, I'm nuts, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is too funny! I found a stray dog in my neighborhood while walking Raina. I had to call Jay to bring a leash to where I was so we could walk the stray back to our place. The little dog had no tags, so I had to bring him to the shelter. Later that day, or maybe the next day, I saw signs posted for that missing dog. I had to call the owner & tell her I brought him to the shelter!
ReplyDeleteplainly put, yes. you are nuts.
ReplyDeletei (heart) erin.
Oh Erin, you are funny ;)
ReplyDelete